Postal employees threaten to launch indefinite strike
Rourkela: All India Postal Employees Union
(Postmen, MSE and group "D" staff) has threatened to launch
indefinite strike nationwide in support of their demands after
the assembly elections.
"We have been demanding for years, the postal employees
are worst sufferer in the present situation but nobody is
listening to our real demands," the General Secretary of the
union, M Krishnan told newspersons here today.
Krishnan was here to attend the 39th central working
committee meeting of the union held here yesterday.
Meanwhile, he said the union would submit its
memorandums to the Union minister, Secretary department of
post. The members of the union would launch dharna,
demonstration infront of the Dak Bhawan, New Delhi to apprise
the demands, Krishnan said.
Nobody was keen to know the real problems faced by the
field staff. The staff strength had been considerably reduced,
work load had been increasing day by day, because lack of
adequate staff, the area of operation has gone beyond reach,
the trade union leader said.
The union had been demanding appointment of staffs,
implementation of proper pension scheme, opposing the idea of
one delivery point and one post office system of the
government, Krishnan said.
The working committee discussed various aspects of the
workers problem which was attended representatives all over
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video