Postal employees threaten to launch indefinite strike
Rourkela: All India Postal Employees Union
(Postmen, MSE and group "D" staff) has threatened to launch
indefinite strike nationwide in support of their demands after
the assembly elections.
"We have been demanding for years, the postal employees
are worst sufferer in the present situation but nobody is
listening to our real demands," the General Secretary of the
union, M Krishnan told newspersons here today.
Krishnan was here to attend the 39th central working
committee meeting of the union held here yesterday.
Meanwhile, he said the union would submit its
memorandums to the Union minister, Secretary department of
post. The members of the union would launch dharna,
demonstration infront of the Dak Bhawan, New Delhi to apprise
the demands, Krishnan said.
Nobody was keen to know the real problems faced by the
field staff. The staff strength had been considerably reduced,
work load had been increasing day by day, because lack of
adequate staff, the area of operation has gone beyond reach,
the trade union leader said.
The union had been demanding appointment of staffs,
implementation of proper pension scheme, opposing the idea of
one delivery point and one post office system of the
government, Krishnan said.
The working committee discussed various aspects of the
workers problem which was attended representatives all over
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside