Poster at BJP HQ warns against ‘Love Jihad’
New Delhi: In what may stoke controversy, a poster warning against ‘Love Jihad’ appeared in the premises of the BJP’s national headquarters in Delhi on Monday.
‘Love Jihad’ is a term used to refer to the alleged mission by some young Muslim boys in which they target girls belonging to non-Muslim communities for conversion to Islam by feigning love.
The controversial poster, which appealed to the Hindus to report such incidents, also cited the Bollywood stars Aamir Khan and Saif Ali Khan, as examples.
As per reports, the poster, which has now been removed from the BJP office, was allegedly put up by radical organization Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena.
It is the same organization, whose members roughed up Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan.
However, the appeal in the poster was made by a group named Anti-Love Jihad Front.
The organization has provided a phone number and an email id through which people can ‘report’ such incidents to them.
An official response on the issue is awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie