Poster at BJP HQ warns against ‘Love Jihad’
New Delhi: In what may stoke controversy, a poster warning against ‘Love Jihad’ appeared in the premises of the BJP’s national headquarters in Delhi on Monday.
‘Love Jihad’ is a term used to refer to the alleged mission by some young Muslim boys in which they target girls belonging to non-Muslim communities for conversion to Islam by feigning love.
The controversial poster, which appealed to the Hindus to report such incidents, also cited the Bollywood stars Aamir Khan and Saif Ali Khan, as examples.
As per reports, the poster, which has now been removed from the BJP office, was allegedly put up by radical organization Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena.
It is the same organization, whose members roughed up Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan.
However, the appeal in the poster was made by a group named Anti-Love Jihad Front.
The organization has provided a phone number and an email id through which people can ‘report’ such incidents to them.
An official response on the issue is awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?