‘Potassium chlorate, nitrate found in blast material`
New Delhi: Investigators probing the
explosion of an Israeli diplomat`s car on Wednesday said preliminary
forensic examination of the blast material showed traces of
potassium chlorate and nitrate.
Officials monitoring the probe said that the quantity of
explosive material used in the probe was very less.
While forensic experts were battling with the explosive
material and its triggering mechanism, the officials said
despite the explosion, which shattered the window panes of
nearby bungalows, the metal of the vehicle was not ripped off.
According to the preliminary forensic report of the
Central Forensic Science Laboratory, traces of potassium
chlorate and nitrate have been found, the officials said.
They said the explosion was only able to create a loud
noise and dent the body of the SUV and not rip it off as
otherwise it could have been fatal.
The triggering mechanism was not clear as yet to the
experts, they added.
An Israeli mission car carrying Administrative Attache
Tail Yoshi (40), wife of a Israeli Defence Attache, was
injured on February 13 when terrorists stuck a magnetic bomb
to her car in high-security Aurangzeb road, barely 500 m from
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray