‘Potassium chlorate, nitrate found in blast material`
New Delhi: Investigators probing the
explosion of an Israeli diplomat`s car on Wednesday said preliminary
forensic examination of the blast material showed traces of
potassium chlorate and nitrate.
Officials monitoring the probe said that the quantity of
explosive material used in the probe was very less.
While forensic experts were battling with the explosive
material and its triggering mechanism, the officials said
despite the explosion, which shattered the window panes of
nearby bungalows, the metal of the vehicle was not ripped off.
According to the preliminary forensic report of the
Central Forensic Science Laboratory, traces of potassium
chlorate and nitrate have been found, the officials said.
They said the explosion was only able to create a loud
noise and dent the body of the SUV and not rip it off as
otherwise it could have been fatal.
The triggering mechanism was not clear as yet to the
experts, they added.
An Israeli mission car carrying Administrative Attache
Tail Yoshi (40), wife of a Israeli Defence Attache, was
injured on February 13 when terrorists stuck a magnetic bomb
to her car in high-security Aurangzeb road, barely 500 m from
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?