Power disruption, fog affect rail operation
New Delhi: Disruption in power supply coupled with foggy weather affected rail operations on Thursday with many trains running late by several hours.
Besides fog, the ongoing strike by the employees of electricity distribution and transmission companies of Haryana adversely affected the rail operation, a senior Northern Railway official said.
Sixteen trains, including Seemanchal Express, Jharkhand Express and Gomati Express, are running behind schedule due to the fog.
Employees of Uttar Haryana Bili Vitran Nigam Limited, Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam Limited and Haryana Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Limited have gone on strike since January 21.
"This is severely affecting smooth railway operation in important sections like Delhi-Ambala, Delhi-Palwal, Delhi-Bhatinda and Delhi-Rewari sections," the official said.
He said the strike has caused frequent power failures at important stations on these sections, which was not only causing inconvenience to railway commuters but also affecting passenger amenities at these stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- National Conference legislators walk out of J&K Assembly
- Akhilesh-Shivpal rift widens as 'uncle' skips UP Cabinet expansion ceremony - Read details
- Six dead, 17 wounded as suicide bombers strike Lebanese village
- WATCH: Lionel Messi crying after Argentina's 2-4 loss against Chile in Copa America final
- Hillary Clinton takes a dig at Donald Trump over Brexit