Power grid failure: Train services limping back to normalcy
New Delhi: After being hit by power failure on Tuesday, train services are beginning to come back on track.
The collapse of Northern and Eastern grids had brought 300 trains to a grinding halt at various places this afternoon across 10 states, with movement on the busy Delhi-Howrah route almost paralysed.
According to Railways, services in six railway zones such as the Northern Railway, North Central Railway, West Central Railway, East Central Railway, Eastern and South Eastern Railway were badly hit.
The affected trains include scores of long distance trains - Rajdhani and Shatabdi Expresses - as well as suburban trains, causing inconvenience to passengers.
Train services also came to a halt in Asansol, Sealdah, and Howrah divisions in West Bengal after failure of the Eastern grid.
The disruption comes barely within 24 hours of the collapse of Northern Grid which led to large-scale disruption of long distance trains, forcing railways to reschedule timings.
"Services from the earlier power failure had barely been restored when the Railways have once again been hit by another power failure," a Railway spokesperson said.
However, he said Railways is arranging power from other available sources to run the stranded trains. He said they have started getting power from Haryana to restore services.
Divisional Railway Managers and other technical staff of the various rail divisions have rushed to the control room to aid train operations.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder