Power grid failure: ‘Undisciplined’ UP blamed again
New Delhi: With the Northern Grid failing for second consecutive day, the blamed is being put at Uttar Pradesh’s door for not confirming with grid discipline.
Reports said on Tuesday the Uttar Pradesh is guilty of not maintaining grid discipline and causing the entire system to collapse. The situation was more serious today as along with the northern grid, the eastern and the north-eastern grid failed.
Yesterday’s as well as today’s power failure was triggered by a fault in the grid near Taj city Agra.
Uttar Pradesh is one of the biggest states in the country but is also critically power starved. The power ministry at the Centre has accused the state of overdrawing power from the grid leading to its collapse.
Following yesterday’s power outage, the chairman of UP Power Grid Corporation was sacked and replace by AP Mishra but the situation is yet to improve.
However, Uttar Pradesh has termed the allegation as a conspiracy by the Centre to tarnish the state’s image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj