Power grid failure: ‘Undisciplined’ UP blamed again
New Delhi: With the Northern Grid failing for second consecutive day, the blamed is being put at Uttar Pradesh’s door for not confirming with grid discipline.
Reports said on Tuesday the Uttar Pradesh is guilty of not maintaining grid discipline and causing the entire system to collapse. The situation was more serious today as along with the northern grid, the eastern and the north-eastern grid failed.
Yesterday’s as well as today’s power failure was triggered by a fault in the grid near Taj city Agra.
Uttar Pradesh is one of the biggest states in the country but is also critically power starved. The power ministry at the Centre has accused the state of overdrawing power from the grid leading to its collapse.
Following yesterday’s power outage, the chairman of UP Power Grid Corporation was sacked and replace by AP Mishra but the situation is yet to improve.
However, Uttar Pradesh has termed the allegation as a conspiracy by the Centre to tarnish the state’s image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?