Power grid failure: ‘Undisciplined’ UP blamed again
New Delhi: With the Northern Grid failing for second consecutive day, the blamed is being put at Uttar Pradesh’s door for not confirming with grid discipline.
Reports said on Tuesday the Uttar Pradesh is guilty of not maintaining grid discipline and causing the entire system to collapse. The situation was more serious today as along with the northern grid, the eastern and the north-eastern grid failed.
Yesterday’s as well as today’s power failure was triggered by a fault in the grid near Taj city Agra.
Uttar Pradesh is one of the biggest states in the country but is also critically power starved. The power ministry at the Centre has accused the state of overdrawing power from the grid leading to its collapse.
Following yesterday’s power outage, the chairman of UP Power Grid Corporation was sacked and replace by AP Mishra but the situation is yet to improve.
However, Uttar Pradesh has termed the allegation as a conspiracy by the Centre to tarnish the state’s image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics