Power projects: Rehabilitation policy for displaced
Bilaspur: The Centre has formulated a
policy to rehabilitate people uprooted from their land due to
various power projects, Union Power Minister Sushil Kumar
Shinde said today.
Shinde was here to inspect the project site of 800 MW
Kol Dam project executed by National Thermal Power Corporation
(NTPC) in Mandi and Bilaspur districts of Himachal Pradesh. It
is likely to be commissioned by 2012, he said.
"The Union Government has formulated a policy to
rehabilitate people displaced due to execution of various
power projects," he said.
The ministry has set a target to generate 78,000 MW
power by the end of 11th plan, the minister said.
The Kol Dam is a `Run of the River` project that would
prevent accumulation of silt, which hinders power generation
process, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends