Power projects: Rehabilitation policy for displaced
Bilaspur: The Centre has formulated a
policy to rehabilitate people uprooted from their land due to
various power projects, Union Power Minister Sushil Kumar
Shinde said today.
Shinde was here to inspect the project site of 800 MW
Kol Dam project executed by National Thermal Power Corporation
(NTPC) in Mandi and Bilaspur districts of Himachal Pradesh. It
is likely to be commissioned by 2012, he said.
"The Union Government has formulated a policy to
rehabilitate people displaced due to execution of various
power projects," he said.
The ministry has set a target to generate 78,000 MW
power by the end of 11th plan, the minister said.
The Kol Dam is a `Run of the River` project that would
prevent accumulation of silt, which hinders power generation
process, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL