Power projects: Rehabilitation policy for displaced
Bilaspur: The Centre has formulated a
policy to rehabilitate people uprooted from their land due to
various power projects, Union Power Minister Sushil Kumar
Shinde said today.
Shinde was here to inspect the project site of 800 MW
Kol Dam project executed by National Thermal Power Corporation
(NTPC) in Mandi and Bilaspur districts of Himachal Pradesh. It
is likely to be commissioned by 2012, he said.
"The Union Government has formulated a policy to
rehabilitate people displaced due to execution of various
power projects," he said.
The ministry has set a target to generate 78,000 MW
power by the end of 11th plan, the minister said.
The Kol Dam is a `Run of the River` project that would
prevent accumulation of silt, which hinders power generation
process, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police