Power projects: Rehabilitation policy for displaced
Bilaspur: The Centre has formulated a
policy to rehabilitate people uprooted from their land due to
various power projects, Union Power Minister Sushil Kumar
Shinde said today.
Shinde was here to inspect the project site of 800 MW
Kol Dam project executed by National Thermal Power Corporation
(NTPC) in Mandi and Bilaspur districts of Himachal Pradesh. It
is likely to be commissioned by 2012, he said.
"The Union Government has formulated a policy to
rehabilitate people displaced due to execution of various
power projects," he said.
The ministry has set a target to generate 78,000 MW
power by the end of 11th plan, the minister said.
The Kol Dam is a `Run of the River` project that would
prevent accumulation of silt, which hinders power generation
process, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security