Power projects: Rehabilitation policy for displaced
Bilaspur: The Centre has formulated a
policy to rehabilitate people uprooted from their land due to
various power projects, Union Power Minister Sushil Kumar
Shinde said today.
Shinde was here to inspect the project site of 800 MW
Kol Dam project executed by National Thermal Power Corporation
(NTPC) in Mandi and Bilaspur districts of Himachal Pradesh. It
is likely to be commissioned by 2012, he said.
"The Union Government has formulated a policy to
rehabilitate people displaced due to execution of various
power projects," he said.
The ministry has set a target to generate 78,000 MW
power by the end of 11th plan, the minister said.
The Kol Dam is a `Run of the River` project that would
prevent accumulation of silt, which hinders power generation
process, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic