Praful Patel hits back at Radia following accusations
New Delhi: Lashing out at lobbyist Nira
Radia, Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel on Tuesday night dubbed her
as an "economic terrorist" accusing her of having "vested
interests" and a "personal agenda."
"You want me to comment on lobbies and their agents and
what they have said. They have vested interests and a personal
agenda," Patel told PTI when asked to comment on new leaked
tapes containing purported conversation of Radia with Rajya
Sabha member N K Singh in which the NCP leader has been
accused of working for private airlines. Patel also called
Radia an "economic terrorist."
Reacting to Patel`s comments, a spokesperson of
Vaishnavi Corporate Communications, which is headed by Radia,
described the remarks as "irresponsible and baseless."
"It greatly pains and offends us when persons of higher
authority makes such irresponsible and baseless comments.
However, we have no intention to enter into any meaningless
war of words on the issue," the spokesperson said.
In the tapes, Radia reportedly tells Singh that Praful
Patel has "destroyed the(aviation sector). I am sorry I do
have a view about it. I do not think he has done justice with
To this, Singh replies," He has worked as a minister
for Naresh Goyal(Jet Airways)."
Radia then says. "Yes, yes and now Vijay Mallya
(Kingfisher airlines) at the cost of the national carrier."
Patel also said he is not bothered about "smear
campaigns" and that "one has to live with it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state