Praful Patel hits back at Radia following accusations
New Delhi: Lashing out at lobbyist Nira
Radia, Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel on Tuesday night dubbed her
as an "economic terrorist" accusing her of having "vested
interests" and a "personal agenda."
"You want me to comment on lobbies and their agents and
what they have said. They have vested interests and a personal
agenda," Patel told PTI when asked to comment on new leaked
tapes containing purported conversation of Radia with Rajya
Sabha member N K Singh in which the NCP leader has been
accused of working for private airlines. Patel also called
Radia an "economic terrorist."
Reacting to Patel`s comments, a spokesperson of
Vaishnavi Corporate Communications, which is headed by Radia,
described the remarks as "irresponsible and baseless."
"It greatly pains and offends us when persons of higher
authority makes such irresponsible and baseless comments.
However, we have no intention to enter into any meaningless
war of words on the issue," the spokesperson said.
In the tapes, Radia reportedly tells Singh that Praful
Patel has "destroyed the(aviation sector). I am sorry I do
have a view about it. I do not think he has done justice with
To this, Singh replies," He has worked as a minister
for Naresh Goyal(Jet Airways)."
Radia then says. "Yes, yes and now Vijay Mallya
(Kingfisher airlines) at the cost of the national carrier."
Patel also said he is not bothered about "smear
campaigns" and that "one has to live with it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report