Prajapati case: 6 cops taken for spot verification
Banaskantha: Six policemen including an IPS
officer arrested in connection with the encounter of Tulsi
Prajapati in 2006, were taken to Chapri village near Ambaji in
Danta taluka where the incident had taken place, state CID
crime officials investigating the case said.
"All six accused including Vipul Agarwal, an IPS officer
who was SP Banaskantha in 2006, have been brought to Chapri
village for the spot verification," the investigating officer
in the case R K Patel said.
Besides Patel, CID crime DIG I M Desai and other police
officials involved in the investigation were present on the
Prajapati, a key witness in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake
encounter case was killed by Gujarat police in an encounter
near Ambaji in Danta taluka of the district in December 2006.
Those accused brought to Chapri village included Agarwal,
ASI Jathubha Darbar, constables Vinod Chaudhray Karansinh
Sisodia, Kanji Kutchi and Kiransinh Chauhan.
All six are in custody of CID crime investigating the
case till May 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro