Prajapati case: 6 cops taken for spot verification
Banaskantha: Six policemen including an IPS
officer arrested in connection with the encounter of Tulsi
Prajapati in 2006, were taken to Chapri village near Ambaji in
Danta taluka where the incident had taken place, state CID
crime officials investigating the case said.
"All six accused including Vipul Agarwal, an IPS officer
who was SP Banaskantha in 2006, have been brought to Chapri
village for the spot verification," the investigating officer
in the case R K Patel said.
Besides Patel, CID crime DIG I M Desai and other police
officials involved in the investigation were present on the
Prajapati, a key witness in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake
encounter case was killed by Gujarat police in an encounter
near Ambaji in Danta taluka of the district in December 2006.
Those accused brought to Chapri village included Agarwal,
ASI Jathubha Darbar, constables Vinod Chaudhray Karansinh
Sisodia, Kanji Kutchi and Kiransinh Chauhan.
All six are in custody of CID crime investigating the
case till May 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test