Prajapati encounter: One more policeman arrested
Ahmedabad: An Assistant Sub-Inspector
(ASI) was arrested today from Patan district by the state CID
crime in connection with the Tulsi Prajapati encounter case of
Darbar, is the third cop arrested in connection with
the encounter of Prajapati, a key witness in the fake
encounter of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and alleged murder of his wife
Jathubha Darbar, was arrested this morning and
produced before a court in Danta taluka of Banaskantha
district hearing the case. Judge B M Prajapati sent Darbar to
custody of CID crime probing the case, till May 11.
IPS officer Vipul Agarwal and police constable Vinod
Chaudhary were arrested by CID earlier this week and are
presently in the agency`s custody till May 11.
According to investigation officer R K Patel, "Darbar
was one of the person involved in the encounter of Prajapati".
Darbar is presently posted as ASI in Patan district,
while he was serving as ASI in Banaskantha district during the
time of encounter in December 2006.
The state police has accepted that encounter of
Prajapati was also fake.
Prajapati, a key witness in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh
fake encounter case was killed by Gujarat police in an
encounter near Ambaji in Danta taluka of Banaskantha district
when he tried to escape from custody while being shifted from
Rajasthan to Gujarat in December 2006.
- Drop everything, Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser is here!
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes