Pranab 100 per cent fittest for Presidency: Vasan
Chennai: Describing Pranab Mukherjee as "100 per cent fittest" for the Presidency, Shipping Minister G K Vasan on Monday said opposition should support and unanimously elect him.
"With his long experience, Pranab Mukherjee, who has held a number of positions, is 100 per cent fittest for the post. All parties should support him," Vasan told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Slamming opposition for failing to select a contender for the post even after 48 hours, he said UPA would work for Mukherjee`s success.
Asked who would replace Mukherjee as Finance Minister, he said UPA leadership and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh would take a decision.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why