Pranab, Anil Ambani, Mammotty chosen for MCC award
Kozhikode: Union Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee has been chosen for the `Best national leader of the
Century` award, while industrialist Anil Ambani has been named
`Best Corporate Leader` by city-based Malabar Chamber of
Veteran actor Mammootty has been named for the `Lifetime
Achievement` award for his all-round contribution to the
Malayalam film industry, Chamber President P V Gangadharan
told a press conference here today.
"The honour is certain to inspire the eminent persons to
work with even more zeal for the all round welfare of
society," he said.
The award was announced on the occasion of the Chamber
celebrating its 80th anniversary. However,the date and day on
which the awards would be presented were not announced.
The MCC that came into being in 1929, presently has 1500
members and has an association of another 5000 through 50 odd
affiliated organisations of traders and industrialists.
Gangadharan said the three-day programme would be
inaugurated by Union Law Minister Veereappa Moily on Jan 29.
Union Minister for Indian Overseas Affairs Vayalar Ravi would
also attend the function, he said.
Union Human Resources Development Minister Kapil Sibal
would address the Chamber members here on Jan 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Two more days to put out forest fire in Uttarakhand, says Prakash Javadekar
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments