Pranab better than other UPA ministers: Anna
Mumbai: Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Monday appeared to approve the candidature of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee for the President`s post, describing him as "better than other UPA ministers".
He, however, maintained that a direct election could have resulted in former president APJ Abdul Kalam once again occupying the top Constitutional post.
"Pranab Mukherjee is a better minister compared to the rest of the ministers in the government. But if the President could be chosen through direct election, then APJ Abdul Kalam could have been elected easily," he said.
Hazare said this in an interview to a Marathi news channel.
"Mukherjee is an efficient minister. He has played an important role in several key decisions. He has been fielded by the UPA. Had it been any other minister, I would not have approved," Hazare added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan