Pranab celebrates with `sandesh`, `laddoos`
New Delhi: `Motichoor laddoos`, `malai kulhars` and the evergreen `sandesh`....sweets were being distrubuted galore Sunday after Pranab Mukherjee was elected president of India.
The supporters had begun celebrating early in the day in anticipation of his expected victory. Besides the sweets, the supporters who had gathered at his house were treated to `khasta kachoris`, `dahi bhallas` and `idli sambhar`.
All the savouries at his House No. 13 on Talkatora Road in central Delhi, came from Bangla Sweet House and Kaleva Sweets, both popular shops in the Gole Market nearby.
While the shopowners refused to give out the quantity of sweets delivered at Mukherjee`s house, Kaleva`s owner Jawahar Lal expressed his satisfaction at being the preferred supplier of sweets for the president-elect, who is himself said to be a sweets lover.
"More than the awards and laurels, it’s the satisfaction of knowing that he (Mukherjee) preferred us for getting his sweets, which is important for us," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened