Pranab cutting short Kolkata visit to attend Gujral`s funeral
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee, who is on a visit to Kolkata, has cancelled all his engagements and is flying back here to attend the funeral of former Prime Minister I K Gujral on Saturday.
Mukherjee, who reached Kolkata on Friday from Chennai, is cutting short his visit and returning to Delhi to attend the funeral, Rashtrapati Bhavan spokesman Venu Rajamony said.
Mukherjee, who arrived in Kolkata on Friday night on a two-day visit, will leave for the national capital on Saturday morning.
He was scheduled to attend the closing ceremony of the 150th anniversary celebrations of the Calcutta High Court.
Mukherjee was originally scheduled to return to New Delhi on Sunday afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack