Pranab cutting short Kolkata visit to attend Gujral`s funeral
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee, who is on a visit to Kolkata, has cancelled all his engagements and is flying back here to attend the funeral of former Prime Minister I K Gujral on Saturday.
Mukherjee, who reached Kolkata on Friday from Chennai, is cutting short his visit and returning to Delhi to attend the funeral, Rashtrapati Bhavan spokesman Venu Rajamony said.
Mukherjee, who arrived in Kolkata on Friday night on a two-day visit, will leave for the national capital on Saturday morning.
He was scheduled to attend the closing ceremony of the 150th anniversary celebrations of the Calcutta High Court.
Mukherjee was originally scheduled to return to New Delhi on Sunday afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble