Pranab hits back at Team Anna
New Delhi: Hitting back at Team Anna, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee has rejected their allegations of corruption against him as "unfair" and "self-seeking" and said it reflected the lack of responsibility on behalf of those claiming to represent high standards of ethical behaviour.
Mukherjee, against whom the Team Anna has demanded a probe, said the "false" allegations against him were being levelled with "ulterior motive" and "malafide" and suffered from "serious suppression of facts".
Facing stepped up attack at a time when he has been fielded as a candidate for the post of the President, the Congress veteran reminded Hazare and his team that they had thrown to winds all the morality professed by it by making such allegations.
"It is unfortunate that India Against Corruption that claims to represent high standards of ethical behaviour has thrown its professed moral grounds to winds...," said Mukherjee`s letter addressed to Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal, Shanti Bhushan, Prashant Bhushan, Kiran Bedi and Manish Sisodia.
He was responding to a letter written by the team Anna to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh levelling the allegations.
"What compounds the unethicality is that the team has called for an investigation into the allegations that is the main prayer in the PIL without referring to the various orders passed by the High Court," it said.
Mukherjee said the "allegations (against him) are false, unfair, self-seeking, motivated, malafide and made with ulterior motive and lacking any form of responsibility".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?