Pranab Mukherjee ‘100 per cent fittest’ for Prez
Chennai: Describing Pranab Mukherjee as "100 per cent fittest" for the Presidency, Shipping Minister GK Vasan on Monday said the opposition should support and unanimously elect him.
"With his long experience, Pranab Mukherjee, who has held a number of positions, is 100 per cent fittest for the post. All parties should support him", Vasan told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Slamming the opposition for failing to select a contender for the post even after 48 hours, he said, the UPA would work for Mukherjee`s success.
Asked who would replace Mukherjee as Finance Minister, he said the UPA leadership and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh would take a decision on it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?