Pranab Mukherjee expresses grief over loss of lives in Philippines
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee has expressed grief and sorrow over the loss of life and destruction caused by the recent typhoon in the Philippines.
In a message sent to Philippines President Benigno Aquino III, President Mukherjee said: "I write to express the deepest sympathies of the Government and the people of India and my heartfelt condolences for the loss of life and destruction caused by the recent typhoon in the Philippines."
"This must be a very difficult time for your government and the affected communities, but I have no doubt they will overcome this setback with courage and resilience," he added.
"India stands ready to extend all possible assistance that may be required. Please accept, Excellency, the assurances of my highest consideration," Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days