Pranab Mukherjee expresses grief over loss of lives in Philippines
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee has expressed grief and sorrow over the loss of life and destruction caused by the recent typhoon in the Philippines.
In a message sent to Philippines President Benigno Aquino III, President Mukherjee said: "I write to express the deepest sympathies of the Government and the people of India and my heartfelt condolences for the loss of life and destruction caused by the recent typhoon in the Philippines."
"This must be a very difficult time for your government and the affected communities, but I have no doubt they will overcome this setback with courage and resilience," he added.
"India stands ready to extend all possible assistance that may be required. Please accept, Excellency, the assurances of my highest consideration," Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what