Pranab Mukherjee expresses grief over loss of lives in Philippines
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee has expressed grief and sorrow over the loss of life and destruction caused by the recent typhoon in the Philippines.
In a message sent to Philippines President Benigno Aquino III, President Mukherjee said: "I write to express the deepest sympathies of the Government and the people of India and my heartfelt condolences for the loss of life and destruction caused by the recent typhoon in the Philippines."
"This must be a very difficult time for your government and the affected communities, but I have no doubt they will overcome this setback with courage and resilience," he added.
"India stands ready to extend all possible assistance that may be required. Please accept, Excellency, the assurances of my highest consideration," Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi