Pranab Mukherjee expresses grief over loss of lives in Philippines
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee has expressed grief and sorrow over the loss of life and destruction caused by the recent typhoon in the Philippines.
In a message sent to Philippines President Benigno Aquino III, President Mukherjee said: "I write to express the deepest sympathies of the Government and the people of India and my heartfelt condolences for the loss of life and destruction caused by the recent typhoon in the Philippines."
"This must be a very difficult time for your government and the affected communities, but I have no doubt they will overcome this setback with courage and resilience," he added.
"India stands ready to extend all possible assistance that may be required. Please accept, Excellency, the assurances of my highest consideration," Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida