Pranab Mukherjee inaugurates Rashtrapati Bhavan staff houses
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday inaugurated a residential complex in the president`s estate meant for the subordinate staff of Rashtrapati Bhavan.
The residential complex, which is part of the re-development scheme of the president estate envisages the construction of 442 quarters, of which 128 have already been built and allocated to the staff.
The construction of 28 new quarters was completed this week, whose keys were handed over to the allottees, the staff of Rashtrapati Bhavan on Wednesday.
The previous staff quarters were built in the 1927-32 period when the British Indian government shifted its capital from Calcutta as it was then called to New Delhi, and were in need of immediate renovation.
A newly-built recreational club in the president estate was also inaugurated by the President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today
- Akshay Kumar looks dapper in the brand new poster of ‘Rustom’