‘Pranab must come clean on Team Anna allegations’
Patna: While the BJP disapproved of Team Anna`s demand for a probe against UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee, party leader Shatrughan Sinha on Monday said he should come clean on allegations of civil society and clear the air if any "political deal" was made to nominate him.
"A person who is going to occupy the high post of President should be acceptable and respectable among all countrymen," Sinha, who is Lok Sabha member from Patna Saheb, said stressing on "consensus" candidate for the post.
"Though the BJP and NDA will take a decision whether to support the UPA nominee or support a candidate against him. My personal opinion is that a consensual candidate should sit on the post of President of the country," Sinha said.
Describing Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee as "highly qualified", the actor-politician, however, said he should clear the air if any "political deal" has been made by the UPA with supporting parties to nominate him for the top post.
He also asked Mukherjee to come clean on allegations made against him by Team Anna. "Caesar`s wife should be above suspicion," he said.
Arvind Kejriwal had yesterday demanded an independent inquiry into allegations team Anna had made against Mukherjee and 14 other ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof