Pranab not morally qualified to be Prez: Jethmalani
Mumbai: Stepping up his attack on UPA`s Presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee, BJP MP Ram Jethmalani on Saturday accused him of having aided in the "excesses" of Emergency.
"What did Mukherjee do to prevent the Emergency excesses? He was a constant companion of Sanjay Gandhi that time and in 2010. In a book on the Congress` history, Mukherjee laid the blame of all excesses on Sanjay to absolve Indira Gandhi," the noted lawyer told a press conference.
Describing himself as the "self employed" worker of NDA Presidential candidate P A Sangma, Jethmalani said that compared to Mukherjee, the former Lok Sabha Speaker had a clean track record.
"He is an honest man and knows the Constitution well," he said.
"People might forgive Mukherjee and forget what he did. But, Ram Jethmalani will not do so. I was Chairman of the Bar Council during Emergency when I opposed Emergency. Sanjay Gandhi declared that he wanted me dead or alive," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi