Pranab returns from Bangladesh after maiden overseas tour
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday returned home after wrapping up his three-day maiden overseas tour of Bangladesh during which he met with the top leadership and discussed bilateral issues.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina along with her senior cabinet colleagues saw him off at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport.
Mukherjee was conferred with an honour for his role in Bangladesh`s independence in 1971 on the second day of the tour.
The premier Dhaka University conferred on him a honorary law degree during the visit.
He held talks with his Bangladesh counterpart Zillur Rahman while Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and several of her senior colleagues separately called on him to review bilateral relations.
On the last day of his trip, Mukherjee flew to western Narail along with his spouse Suvra Mukherjee for a first time visit to his in-laws ancestral home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users