Pranab returns from Bangladesh after maiden overseas tour
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday returned home after wrapping up his three-day maiden overseas tour of Bangladesh during which he met with the top leadership and discussed bilateral issues.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina along with her senior cabinet colleagues saw him off at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport.
Mukherjee was conferred with an honour for his role in Bangladesh`s independence in 1971 on the second day of the tour.
The premier Dhaka University conferred on him a honorary law degree during the visit.
He held talks with his Bangladesh counterpart Zillur Rahman while Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and several of her senior colleagues separately called on him to review bilateral relations.
On the last day of his trip, Mukherjee flew to western Narail along with his spouse Suvra Mukherjee for a first time visit to his in-laws ancestral home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- WATCH! Dwayne Bravo bowls last ball of the match to MS Dhoni – This is what happened next
- 12 coaches of Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore train derail in Kerala
- Hilarious: Sonakshi Sinha trolls Air India pilot on Snapchat! - Know why
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley for 51st day
- Is Ramdev coming up with world-class varsity near Delhi like University of Houston?