Pranab returns from Bangladesh after maiden overseas tour
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday returned home after wrapping up his three-day maiden overseas tour of Bangladesh during which he met with the top leadership and discussed bilateral issues.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina along with her senior cabinet colleagues saw him off at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport.
Mukherjee was conferred with an honour for his role in Bangladesh`s independence in 1971 on the second day of the tour.
The premier Dhaka University conferred on him a honorary law degree during the visit.
He held talks with his Bangladesh counterpart Zillur Rahman while Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and several of her senior colleagues separately called on him to review bilateral relations.
On the last day of his trip, Mukherjee flew to western Narail along with his spouse Suvra Mukherjee for a first time visit to his in-laws ancestral home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what