Pranab returns from Bangladesh after maiden overseas tour
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday returned home after wrapping up his three-day maiden overseas tour of Bangladesh during which he met with the top leadership and discussed bilateral issues.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina along with her senior cabinet colleagues saw him off at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport.
Mukherjee was conferred with an honour for his role in Bangladesh`s independence in 1971 on the second day of the tour.
The premier Dhaka University conferred on him a honorary law degree during the visit.
He held talks with his Bangladesh counterpart Zillur Rahman while Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and several of her senior colleagues separately called on him to review bilateral relations.
On the last day of his trip, Mukherjee flew to western Narail along with his spouse Suvra Mukherjee for a first time visit to his in-laws ancestral home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof