Pranab returns from Bangladesh after maiden overseas tour
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday returned home after wrapping up his three-day maiden overseas tour of Bangladesh during which he met with the top leadership and discussed bilateral issues.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina along with her senior cabinet colleagues saw him off at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport.
Mukherjee was conferred with an honour for his role in Bangladesh`s independence in 1971 on the second day of the tour.
The premier Dhaka University conferred on him a honorary law degree during the visit.
He held talks with his Bangladesh counterpart Zillur Rahman while Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and several of her senior colleagues separately called on him to review bilateral relations.
On the last day of his trip, Mukherjee flew to western Narail along with his spouse Suvra Mukherjee for a first time visit to his in-laws ancestral home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth