Pranab right choice for Presidency: Narayanasamy
Puducherry: Describing Pranab Mukherjee as the right choice for Presidency, Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy on Tuesday scoffed at the BJP,saying the party was steeped in `indecision` on finalising a nominee for the Presidential poll.
"As far as BJP is concerned one was hearing different voices from among its leaders and the party is now struggling to take a firm decision on finalising NDA`s strategy or a nominee for the Presidential Poll," he said.
The choice of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee for the presidential poll was most appropriate as he was a senior and competent leader and whose success "is very bright," Narayanasamy said, citing support pledged by a good number of parties for his candidature.
Hitting out at the Rangasamy-led AINRC government here, Narayanasamy alleged that it had failed to implement welfare schemes.
He also alleged that the Chief Minister`s Relief fund here had been misused for political gains and beneficiaries were from constituencies held by the ruling AINRC.
Narayanasamy was addressing Congress workers on the occasion of the 42nd birthday celebrations of AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi at the PCC office here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended