Pranab right choice for Presidency: Narayanasamy
Puducherry: Describing Pranab Mukherjee as the right choice for Presidency, Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy on Tuesday scoffed at the BJP,saying the party was steeped in `indecision` on finalising a nominee for the Presidential poll.
"As far as BJP is concerned one was hearing different voices from among its leaders and the party is now struggling to take a firm decision on finalising NDA`s strategy or a nominee for the Presidential Poll," he said.
The choice of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee for the presidential poll was most appropriate as he was a senior and competent leader and whose success "is very bright," Narayanasamy said, citing support pledged by a good number of parties for his candidature.
Hitting out at the Rangasamy-led AINRC government here, Narayanasamy alleged that it had failed to implement welfare schemes.
He also alleged that the Chief Minister`s Relief fund here had been misused for political gains and beneficiaries were from constituencies held by the ruling AINRC.
Narayanasamy was addressing Congress workers on the occasion of the 42nd birthday celebrations of AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi at the PCC office here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured