Pranab right choice for Presidency: Narayanasamy
Puducherry: Describing Pranab Mukherjee as the right choice for Presidency, Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy on Tuesday scoffed at the BJP,saying the party was steeped in `indecision` on finalising a nominee for the Presidential poll.
"As far as BJP is concerned one was hearing different voices from among its leaders and the party is now struggling to take a firm decision on finalising NDA`s strategy or a nominee for the Presidential Poll," he said.
The choice of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee for the presidential poll was most appropriate as he was a senior and competent leader and whose success "is very bright," Narayanasamy said, citing support pledged by a good number of parties for his candidature.
Hitting out at the Rangasamy-led AINRC government here, Narayanasamy alleged that it had failed to implement welfare schemes.
He also alleged that the Chief Minister`s Relief fund here had been misused for political gains and beneficiaries were from constituencies held by the ruling AINRC.
Narayanasamy was addressing Congress workers on the occasion of the 42nd birthday celebrations of AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi at the PCC office here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand