Pranab right choice for Presidency: Narayanasamy
Puducherry: Describing Pranab Mukherjee as the right choice for Presidency, Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy on Tuesday scoffed at the BJP,saying the party was steeped in `indecision` on finalising a nominee for the Presidential poll.
"As far as BJP is concerned one was hearing different voices from among its leaders and the party is now struggling to take a firm decision on finalising NDA`s strategy or a nominee for the Presidential Poll," he said.
The choice of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee for the presidential poll was most appropriate as he was a senior and competent leader and whose success "is very bright," Narayanasamy said, citing support pledged by a good number of parties for his candidature.
Hitting out at the Rangasamy-led AINRC government here, Narayanasamy alleged that it had failed to implement welfare schemes.
He also alleged that the Chief Minister`s Relief fund here had been misused for political gains and beneficiaries were from constituencies held by the ruling AINRC.
Narayanasamy was addressing Congress workers on the occasion of the 42nd birthday celebrations of AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi at the PCC office here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional