Pranab right choice for Presidency: Narayanasamy
Puducherry: Describing Pranab Mukherjee as the right choice for Presidency, Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy on Tuesday scoffed at the BJP,saying the party was steeped in `indecision` on finalising a nominee for the Presidential poll.
"As far as BJP is concerned one was hearing different voices from among its leaders and the party is now struggling to take a firm decision on finalising NDA`s strategy or a nominee for the Presidential Poll," he said.
The choice of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee for the presidential poll was most appropriate as he was a senior and competent leader and whose success "is very bright," Narayanasamy said, citing support pledged by a good number of parties for his candidature.
Hitting out at the Rangasamy-led AINRC government here, Narayanasamy alleged that it had failed to implement welfare schemes.
He also alleged that the Chief Minister`s Relief fund here had been misused for political gains and beneficiaries were from constituencies held by the ruling AINRC.
Narayanasamy was addressing Congress workers on the occasion of the 42nd birthday celebrations of AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi at the PCC office here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report