Pranab rules out JPC on 2G scam
Kolkata: Virtually rejecting the demand for a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) into 2G spectrum scam, Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday said the
matter could be looked into by the Public Accounts Committee.
"Let the CAG report be considered by the PAC. If further action is required, we will look into that but let there be a discussion on the floor of the House," he told reporters on
the sidelines of Indian Tea Association`s Annual General Meeting here.
He said the PAC was a form of a permanent JPC chaired by a member of the Opposition.
Asked what the government was doing to break the deadlock in Parliament following the Opposition demand for a JPC probe, he said "precious hours of Parliament are wasted due to disruptions.
"It is unfortunate that Parliament is facing disruptions instead of having debate and discussions. I hope normalcy will be restored next week," Mukherjee said.
Referring to the Commonwealth Games scam, he said the government had already initiated investigations by various agencies. "I do not know what more they want."
On the Adarsh housing scam, Mukherjee said it was a state subject and the Centre did not have anything to do with it.
"Adarsh is a state subject. What has Parliament got to do with it?" he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`