Pranab to meet Cong MLAs of Punjab, Haryana, HP
Chandigarh: UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee will seek support from the legislators of Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pardesh here on Sunday for his Presidential election.
Mukherjee will arrive in the afternoon from Srinagar, sources close to Mukherjee said here today.
He will be staying in the city for four to five hours before leaving for Delhi in the night, the sources said.
During his stay in the city at a hotel, Mukherjee will be asking for the support of the Congress legislators of the three states to his candidature.
Opposition nominee PA Sangma had raised certain questions on the candidature of Mukherjee accusing him of holding office of profit when filing his nomination for the post of President.
The Election Commission has rejected Sangma`s accusations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured