Pranab to meet Cong MLAs of Punjab, Haryana, HP
Chandigarh: UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee will seek support from the legislators of Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pardesh here on Sunday for his Presidential election.
Mukherjee will arrive in the afternoon from Srinagar, sources close to Mukherjee said here today.
He will be staying in the city for four to five hours before leaving for Delhi in the night, the sources said.
During his stay in the city at a hotel, Mukherjee will be asking for the support of the Congress legislators of the three states to his candidature.
Opposition nominee PA Sangma had raised certain questions on the candidature of Mukherjee accusing him of holding office of profit when filing his nomination for the post of President.
The Election Commission has rejected Sangma`s accusations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch