Pranab to meet Cong MLAs of Punjab, Haryana, HP
Chandigarh: UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee will seek support from the legislators of Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pardesh here on Sunday for his Presidential election.
Mukherjee will arrive in the afternoon from Srinagar, sources close to Mukherjee said here today.
He will be staying in the city for four to five hours before leaving for Delhi in the night, the sources said.
During his stay in the city at a hotel, Mukherjee will be asking for the support of the Congress legislators of the three states to his candidature.
Opposition nominee PA Sangma had raised certain questions on the candidature of Mukherjee accusing him of holding office of profit when filing his nomination for the post of President.
The Election Commission has rejected Sangma`s accusations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city