Pranab urges industrialists to be more interactive
Rourkela: Union Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee today advocated regular interaction among
members of various chambers of commerce and industry saying it
would go a long way in boosting economic growth.
"Frequent interaction among members of chambers of
commerce and industry will help the entrepreneurs to
strengthen the economy," Mukherjee said at the golden jubilee
celebration of Rourkela Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Regular discussions and exchange of ideas among
entrepreneurs would play a significant role in boosting
economic growth, he said.
The economic policy being implemented by the government
would benefit the future generation as it provides free and
fair opportunities, the finance minister said.
Praising late Biju Patnaik, former chief minister of
Odisha, Mukherjee said the legendary leader`s role was not
confined to the state. Patnaik was truly a national leader who
made immense contribution to the economic development of the
country, he said.
Inaugurated by Biju Patnaik in 1952, RCCI had completed
50 years and contributed to the all round development of the
region, Mukherjee said.
Referring to demands put forth by the Chamber, the
finance minister expressed inability to give any commitment as
the model code of conduct was in force in view of the ensuing
Panchayat elections in Odisha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing