Pranab will be missed, says PM Manmohan Singh
New Delhi: While Pranab Mukherjee has moved on from being a Cabinet minister in the UPA government to being the President of the country, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has said the veteran politician will be missed.
Speaking in the wake of Mukherjee being sworn in as the 13th President, Singh said in the Congress Working Committee meeting, “Pranab Mukherjee`s absence will be felt.”
“He (Mukherjee) discharged many duties in government,” the PM said.
It may be noted that Mukherjee was the man UPA managers turned to in times of crisis, including the Indo-US nuclear deal and standoff with Team Anna over Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah