Pranab will be missed, says PM Manmohan Singh
New Delhi: While Pranab Mukherjee has moved on from being a Cabinet minister in the UPA government to being the President of the country, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has said the veteran politician will be missed.
Speaking in the wake of Mukherjee being sworn in as the 13th President, Singh said in the Congress Working Committee meeting, “Pranab Mukherjee`s absence will be felt.”
“He (Mukherjee) discharged many duties in government,” the PM said.
It may be noted that Mukherjee was the man UPA managers turned to in times of crisis, including the Indo-US nuclear deal and standoff with Team Anna over Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth