Pranab will be missed, says PM Manmohan Singh
New Delhi: While Pranab Mukherjee has moved on from being a Cabinet minister in the UPA government to being the President of the country, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has said the veteran politician will be missed.
Speaking in the wake of Mukherjee being sworn in as the 13th President, Singh said in the Congress Working Committee meeting, “Pranab Mukherjee`s absence will be felt.”
“He (Mukherjee) discharged many duties in government,” the PM said.
It may be noted that Mukherjee was the man UPA managers turned to in times of crisis, including the Indo-US nuclear deal and standoff with Team Anna over Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far