Pranab will be missed, says PM Manmohan Singh
New Delhi: While Pranab Mukherjee has moved on from being a Cabinet minister in the UPA government to being the President of the country, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has said the veteran politician will be missed.
Speaking in the wake of Mukherjee being sworn in as the 13th President, Singh said in the Congress Working Committee meeting, “Pranab Mukherjee`s absence will be felt.”
“He (Mukherjee) discharged many duties in government,” the PM said.
It may be noted that Mukherjee was the man UPA managers turned to in times of crisis, including the Indo-US nuclear deal and standoff with Team Anna over Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief