Pranab’s as Prez: I feel proud, says daughter
New Delhi: Minutes after Pranab Mukherjee’s name was announced as UPA’s presidential candidate, his daughter Sharmistha expressed happiness at the development.
“…any daughter would be proud. I hope he emerges as the consensus candidate,” she told a news channel.
Sharmistha is a well-known exponent of the classical dance form Kathak.
Pranab son Abhijit Mukherjee, who is also the chairman of West Bengal Industrial Development Finance Corporation, thanked the UPA for naming Pranab as their presidential candidate.
“I am grateful to UPA chairperson, congress high command and all other constituents of the UPA for naming Shri Pranab Mukherjee as their Presidential candidate.”
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark