Pranab’s as Prez: I feel proud, says daughter
New Delhi: Minutes after Pranab Mukherjee’s name was announced as UPA’s presidential candidate, his daughter Sharmistha expressed happiness at the development.
“…any daughter would be proud. I hope he emerges as the consensus candidate,” she told a news channel.
Sharmistha is a well-known exponent of the classical dance form Kathak.
Pranab son Abhijit Mukherjee, who is also the chairman of West Bengal Industrial Development Finance Corporation, thanked the UPA for naming Pranab as their presidential candidate.
“I am grateful to UPA chairperson, congress high command and all other constituents of the UPA for naming Shri Pranab Mukherjee as their Presidential candidate.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends