‘Pranab’s love…55 years without a single fight’
New Delhi: It may be a defining moment of her husband’s long and illustrious political career and the world might be singing praise to the veteran Congress leader, but Pranab Mukherjee’s wife and soon-to-be India`s First Lady Suvra Mukherjee is least bothered.
In an interview to a leading daily, published on Tuesday, Suvra Mukherjee told how she manages to keep herself out of her famous husband’s towering persona and about their not so lovey-dovey relationship.
Suvra, who is not keeping well these days, is also not pretty excited over Pranab`s election as India`s first Bengali president.
When asked how it feels to be the First Lady, she just said it feels good. However, she is quick to remind that the couple would soon be joined by their children for the big ceremony.
When asked how she felt when she learnt that Pranab would be first Bengali President and weather she congratulated her husband, Suvra was quoted as saying, “No, no. We are not like today`s couples. It`s not a lovey-dovey relationship and we don`t express our emotions overtly. It`s all in the mind and heart,” adding, “We don`t really indulge in small love talk. At our age, it`s more about depending on each other wholeheartedly. His love for me is different. Every day, after his bath he comes to me, touches my forehead and recites some mantras. He does this every day of the year and yesterday was no exception. This is how he expresses his love. We`ve been married for 55 years and we haven`t fought for a single day!”
When asked if she has some special plans for the D-Day or has she bought any gift for ‘Pranab’, she remarked, “What else other than love.”
Revealing the lesser known aspects of her famous husband’s personality, Suvra said, “He is not like other husbands as she has never brought me a sari. He is a workaholic, work is his life. Outside work, he`s a voracious reader and is deep into books all the time.”
When asked about her husband’s likings and disliking and eating habits, Surva said, “He loves aloo posto and jhinge posto.
However, the lady regretted that she could not personally cook her husband’s favourit dishes but ensured that they are cooked according to her recipes.
The lady also claimed that Pranab remains aloof from household affairs where she has a complete say.
Recalling things from the past, Suvra said that she misses her first son who died soon after birth and that she badly missed her mother, who firmly believed that Pranab would be an accomplished man one day.
She wished if her mother and late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi were alive, the two would have been very happy to see Pranab’s rise as President of India.
When asked to comment on Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee- another firebrand politician from her state – for her strong opposition to Pranab’s candidature initially, she politely refused saying, “I am apolitical. I stay 10 lakh feet away from politics.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon