Pranab’s lucky ‘13’ goes to son Abhijit
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee`s son Abhijit Mukherjee will stay in 13, Talkatora Road - the official residence of his father for a long time - despite not being entitled to a huge bungalow.
Reports claimed on Tuesday that the House Committee of Lok Sabha has allotted the Type 7 bungalow to Abhjiit, who is a first time Member of Parliament.
An excited Abhijit feels that 13, Talkatora bungalow, which has been his father Pranab Mukherjee’s residence for close to 18 years, will be lucky for him and bring good fortune for him just like his father.
However, this is not the first time that the House Committee of Lok Sabha has ignored the usual norm of considering security and other issues and allotted a bigger official residence to those not entitled for the same.
The number 13, which is traditionally believed unlucky, actually turned out to be a lucky mascot for Pranab Mukherjee, who stayed there for a long time ignoring all superstitions attached to the bungalow.
The former Congress leader not only lived there happily but also categorically dismissed suggestions by his well-wishers to shift to a relatively large accommodation, considering his status as a senior minister in the UPA government.
When Pranab became an MP for the first time he was warned not to stay in the Talkatora Road bungalow since number 13 was considered unlucky.
But interestingly, the house proved lucky for him and he reached the pinnacle of success in his illustrious political career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!