Pranay Sahay takes over as SSB chief
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Pranay Sahay
on Tuesday took charge as the new chief of the border guarding
force Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
Sahay, an Indian Police Service officer of 1975 batch
from Manipur-Tripura cadre, took over the reins of the
50,000-strong force from Director General Y S Dadwal, who has
The SSB guards India`s frontiers with Nepal and Bhutan
and is also deployed for various internal security duties in
Sahay, before being appointed as DG SSB, was serving as
Secretary (Security) in the Cabinet Secretariat.
He has also served as Additional DG in the paramilitary
CRPF. He will head the SSB for 20 months during which he will
be overseeing expansion of the force by raising of fresh
battalions and creating new frontier establishments.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Official pictures from mehendi/ sangeet ceremony are here
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!