Prasada asks Anna to launch campaign against Mayawati govt
Kanpur: Union Minister Jitin Prasada on Saturday asked social activist Anna Hazare to launch another campaign
in Uttar Pradesh against the "corrupt" Mayawati government.
"This government is not concerned about its people and
is putting all its efforts in making statues and parks. Where
is all the money that it is getting from the Centre and people
of the state have the right to know where the money is being
spent," said Prasada.
Asked about senior Congress Digvijay Singh`s statement
that the party would support Hazare if he comes to UP for a
campaign against corruption, Prasada said "the state
government is deeply involved in corruption and Congress will
for sure support him if comes to the state".
"Here in the state, Anna`s movement would face a
government which is least bothered about the people. There is
no electricity no water and Mayawati government is focused on
making statues," the Minister alleged.
Prasada, who along with Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal,
was here to inaugurate a 720 meter bridge on Ganga, alleged
that the state government is not extending support to the
Centre on development issues.
"If UP government gives its support, then we would make
the roads of the state like Mahrashtra has," said Prasada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!