Prasada asks Anna to launch campaign against Mayawati govt
Kanpur: Union Minister Jitin Prasada on Saturday asked social activist Anna Hazare to launch another campaign
in Uttar Pradesh against the "corrupt" Mayawati government.
"This government is not concerned about its people and
is putting all its efforts in making statues and parks. Where
is all the money that it is getting from the Centre and people
of the state have the right to know where the money is being
spent," said Prasada.
Asked about senior Congress Digvijay Singh`s statement
that the party would support Hazare if he comes to UP for a
campaign against corruption, Prasada said "the state
government is deeply involved in corruption and Congress will
for sure support him if comes to the state".
"Here in the state, Anna`s movement would face a
government which is least bothered about the people. There is
no electricity no water and Mayawati government is focused on
making statues," the Minister alleged.
Prasada, who along with Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal,
was here to inaugurate a 720 meter bridge on Ganga, alleged
that the state government is not extending support to the
Centre on development issues.
"If UP government gives its support, then we would make
the roads of the state like Mahrashtra has," said Prasada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof