Prasada asks Anna to launch campaign against Mayawati govt
Kanpur: Union Minister Jitin Prasada on Saturday asked social activist Anna Hazare to launch another campaign
in Uttar Pradesh against the "corrupt" Mayawati government.
"This government is not concerned about its people and
is putting all its efforts in making statues and parks. Where
is all the money that it is getting from the Centre and people
of the state have the right to know where the money is being
spent," said Prasada.
Asked about senior Congress Digvijay Singh`s statement
that the party would support Hazare if he comes to UP for a
campaign against corruption, Prasada said "the state
government is deeply involved in corruption and Congress will
for sure support him if comes to the state".
"Here in the state, Anna`s movement would face a
government which is least bothered about the people. There is
no electricity no water and Mayawati government is focused on
making statues," the Minister alleged.
Prasada, who along with Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal,
was here to inaugurate a 720 meter bridge on Ganga, alleged
that the state government is not extending support to the
Centre on development issues.
"If UP government gives its support, then we would make
the roads of the state like Mahrashtra has," said Prasada.
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- IPL 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders' Yusuf Pathan slams Sunil Gavaskar for calling RCB's bowling line-up as 'popatwadi attack'
- Apple sees huge market potential in India: CEO Tim Cook
- Virat Kohli recommended for Khel Ratna by BCCI, Ajinkya Rahane for Arjuna Award
- Sonia Gandhi received bribe in AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Subramanian Swamy