Prasar Bharati to finalise CWG broadcaster in 15 days
New Delhi: With Commonwealth Games just
a year away, Prasar Bharati will finalise a broadcaster within
15 days which will telecast the event for it on High
Definition (HD) mode.
Prasar Bharati, the host broadcaster for the 2010
Games, had called for bids from international broadcasters to
telecast the event earlier this year.
From these, it had shortlisted five companies in
July, that had the experience of telecasting sporting events
of such magnitude.
These were Swiss-based International Games Broadcast
Services, Satellite Information Service Live (UK), Nimbus
Sports International Pvt Ltd (Singapore), Nimbus
Communications Ltd (Mumbai) in collaboration with Canadian
Broadcasting Corporation, and Big Productions of Anil
Dhirubhai Ambani group.
Doordarshan sources said that with the World
Broadcasters Summit scheduled to be held in Delhi on October
26, Prasar Bharati wants to finalise one broadcaster from the
shortlisted five within 15 days, which would telecast the
games in HD format for it.
"We will finalise one company from the five
shortlisted, in the next 15 days," a senior Prasar Bharati
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'