Prasar Bharati to finalise CWG broadcaster in 15 days
New Delhi: With Commonwealth Games just
a year away, Prasar Bharati will finalise a broadcaster within
15 days which will telecast the event for it on High
Definition (HD) mode.
Prasar Bharati, the host broadcaster for the 2010
Games, had called for bids from international broadcasters to
telecast the event earlier this year.
From these, it had shortlisted five companies in
July, that had the experience of telecasting sporting events
of such magnitude.
These were Swiss-based International Games Broadcast
Services, Satellite Information Service Live (UK), Nimbus
Sports International Pvt Ltd (Singapore), Nimbus
Communications Ltd (Mumbai) in collaboration with Canadian
Broadcasting Corporation, and Big Productions of Anil
Dhirubhai Ambani group.
Doordarshan sources said that with the World
Broadcasters Summit scheduled to be held in Delhi on October
26, Prasar Bharati wants to finalise one broadcaster from the
shortlisted five within 15 days, which would telecast the
games in HD format for it.
"We will finalise one company from the five
shortlisted, in the next 15 days," a senior Prasar Bharati
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions