Prashant Bhushan happy about Mamata Bannerjee`s no confidence motion
Bangalore: Senior advocate and anti-graft activist Prashant Bhushan on Saturday said he was happy about TMC leader Mamata Banerjee`s decision to bring in a no-confidence motion against the UPA government in the winter session of Parliament.
Talking to reporters here, Bhushan said "I am hapy that Mamata Banerjee will bring a no-confidence motion against the UPA government in this session of Parliament. It will show true colours of the parties like Samajwadi Party, Bahujan Samaj Party, DMK and AIADMK", he said.
He said people should know where these parties stand particularly on issues like the FDI.
Bhushan said he was in Bangalore to be with the volunteers of the India Against Corruption movement and those people who want to be associated with it, particularly those who want to know why there was a need to form a political party and contest election, what would be the vision of the party and the kind of issues it would take up.
To a question on Arvind Kejriwal`s recent tweet, Bhushan said "obviously the CAG has become bit of a pain in the neck of the government and the Congress party.
That is why they are trying to do everything possible to somehow defame CAG, discredit CAG... But they are not going to succeed".
He said the people in the country had "seen through the government and the level of corruption in the government".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India