Prashant Bhushan happy about Mamata Bannerjee`s no confidence motion
Bangalore: Senior advocate and anti-graft activist Prashant Bhushan on Saturday said he was happy about TMC leader Mamata Banerjee`s decision to bring in a no-confidence motion against the UPA government in the winter session of Parliament.
Talking to reporters here, Bhushan said "I am hapy that Mamata Banerjee will bring a no-confidence motion against the UPA government in this session of Parliament. It will show true colours of the parties like Samajwadi Party, Bahujan Samaj Party, DMK and AIADMK", he said.
He said people should know where these parties stand particularly on issues like the FDI.
Bhushan said he was in Bangalore to be with the volunteers of the India Against Corruption movement and those people who want to be associated with it, particularly those who want to know why there was a need to form a political party and contest election, what would be the vision of the party and the kind of issues it would take up.
To a question on Arvind Kejriwal`s recent tweet, Bhushan said "obviously the CAG has become bit of a pain in the neck of the government and the Congress party.
That is why they are trying to do everything possible to somehow defame CAG, discredit CAG... But they are not going to succeed".
He said the people in the country had "seen through the government and the level of corruption in the government".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves