Prashant Bhushan to move SC seeking removal of KGB as NHRC chairman
Kochi: Senior Advocate of the Supreme court
Prashant Bhushan, on Saturday said he would move the apex court
seeking a direction to remove former CJI Justice K G
Balakrishnan, against whose relatives allegations of
ammassment of wealth have surfaced, from the post of the
National Human Rights Commission chairperson.
“There is no other option left, but move the Supreme court
in the matter”, Bhushan, who met eminent jurist V R Krishna
Iyer, today, told reporters here.
Proceedings in this regard will be launched soon, he said.
As a first step, he would file a complaint to Prime
minister, Manmohan Singh, in this regard, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman