Prashant Bhushan to move SC seeking removal of KGB as NHRC chairman
Kochi: Senior Advocate of the Supreme court
Prashant Bhushan, on Saturday said he would move the apex court
seeking a direction to remove former CJI Justice K G
Balakrishnan, against whose relatives allegations of
ammassment of wealth have surfaced, from the post of the
National Human Rights Commission chairperson.
“There is no other option left, but move the Supreme court
in the matter”, Bhushan, who met eminent jurist V R Krishna
Iyer, today, told reporters here.
Proceedings in this regard will be launched soon, he said.
As a first step, he would file a complaint to Prime
minister, Manmohan Singh, in this regard, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog