Prashant Bhushan to move SC seeking removal of KGB as NHRC chairman
Kochi: Senior Advocate of the Supreme court
Prashant Bhushan, on Saturday said he would move the apex court
seeking a direction to remove former CJI Justice K G
Balakrishnan, against whose relatives allegations of
ammassment of wealth have surfaced, from the post of the
National Human Rights Commission chairperson.
“There is no other option left, but move the Supreme court
in the matter”, Bhushan, who met eminent jurist V R Krishna
Iyer, today, told reporters here.
Proceedings in this regard will be launched soon, he said.
As a first step, he would file a complaint to Prime
minister, Manmohan Singh, in this regard, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened