Prashant Bhushan to move SC seeking removal of KGB as NHRC chairman
Kochi: Senior Advocate of the Supreme court
Prashant Bhushan, on Saturday said he would move the apex court
seeking a direction to remove former CJI Justice K G
Balakrishnan, against whose relatives allegations of
ammassment of wealth have surfaced, from the post of the
National Human Rights Commission chairperson.
“There is no other option left, but move the Supreme court
in the matter”, Bhushan, who met eminent jurist V R Krishna
Iyer, today, told reporters here.
Proceedings in this regard will be launched soon, he said.
As a first step, he would file a complaint to Prime
minister, Manmohan Singh, in this regard, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations