Pravin Mahajan released on 14-day parole
Nashik (Maharashtra): Pravin Mahajan, sentenced to life imprisonment for killing his brother, the late Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Pramod Mahajan, was Friday released on parole for 14 days on medical grounds, a family member said.
"He has been released a short while ago on some purely personal medical reasons," the family member said.
Pravin was found guilty and sentenced to life imprisonment by a Mumbai court in December 2007 for shooting his elder brother Pramod at his home in Worli April 22, 2006.
Pramod succumbed to his bullet injuries 12 days later in a city hospital.
Pravin has been lodged at the Nashik Central Jail here following the life imprisonment sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM