Pravin Mahajan released on 14-day parole
Nashik (Maharashtra): Pravin Mahajan, sentenced to life imprisonment for killing his brother, the late Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Pramod Mahajan, was Friday released on parole for 14 days on medical grounds, a family member said.
"He has been released a short while ago on some purely personal medical reasons," the family member said.
Pravin was found guilty and sentenced to life imprisonment by a Mumbai court in December 2007 for shooting his elder brother Pramod at his home in Worli April 22, 2006.
Pramod succumbed to his bullet injuries 12 days later in a city hospital.
Pravin has been lodged at the Nashik Central Jail here following the life imprisonment sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Bodo outfits to restart statehood movement on August 30