Pravin Mahajan released on 14-day parole
Nashik (Maharashtra): Pravin Mahajan, sentenced to life imprisonment for killing his brother, the late Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Pramod Mahajan, was Friday released on parole for 14 days on medical grounds, a family member said.
"He has been released a short while ago on some purely personal medical reasons," the family member said.
Pravin was found guilty and sentenced to life imprisonment by a Mumbai court in December 2007 for shooting his elder brother Pramod at his home in Worli April 22, 2006.
Pramod succumbed to his bullet injuries 12 days later in a city hospital.
Pravin has been lodged at the Nashik Central Jail here following the life imprisonment sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report