Pravin Mahajan released on 14-day parole
Nashik (Maharashtra): Pravin Mahajan, sentenced to life imprisonment for killing his brother, the late Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Pramod Mahajan, was Friday released on parole for 14 days on medical grounds, a family member said.
"He has been released a short while ago on some purely personal medical reasons," the family member said.
Pravin was found guilty and sentenced to life imprisonment by a Mumbai court in December 2007 for shooting his elder brother Pramod at his home in Worli April 22, 2006.
Pramod succumbed to his bullet injuries 12 days later in a city hospital.
Pravin has been lodged at the Nashik Central Jail here following the life imprisonment sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley