Pravin Mahajan released on 14-day parole
Nashik (Maharashtra): Pravin Mahajan, sentenced to life imprisonment for killing his brother, the late Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Pramod Mahajan, was Friday released on parole for 14 days on medical grounds, a family member said.
"He has been released a short while ago on some purely personal medical reasons," the family member said.
Pravin was found guilty and sentenced to life imprisonment by a Mumbai court in December 2007 for shooting his elder brother Pramod at his home in Worli April 22, 2006.
Pramod succumbed to his bullet injuries 12 days later in a city hospital.
Pravin has been lodged at the Nashik Central Jail here following the life imprisonment sentence.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming