Pravin Mahajan "very critical" after brain haemorrhage
Mumbai: Pravin Mahajan, who is serving life sentence for murdering his brother and BJP leader Pramod Mahajan, on Friday suffered brain haemorrhage and was admitted to the ICU section of a local hospital in Thane.
Mahajan, who was out on 14-day parole since late November to meet his ailing wife Sarangi, has gone into coma as a result and is currently on ventilator, doctors at the Jupiter Hospital said.
"Pravin has suffered an extensive pontine haemorrhage
(brain haemorrhage) and is currently on a life support system.
His condition is very critical and he is deeply unconscious,"
a health bulletin said.
Pravin Mahajan, who was lodged at the Nashik Central Jail, was convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment by a Mumbai court in December 2007 for killing his elder brother Pramod at his home in Worli on April 22, 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar