Pray that Narendra Modi doesn`t become PM: JD(U)
Zee Media Bureau/Kamna Arora
New Delhi: On the occasion of Narendra Modi`s 64th birthday, Janata Dal (United) spokesperson and Rajya Sabha member KC Tyagi on Tuesday prayed that the Gujarat Chief Minister doesn`t become Prime Minister of the country.
Tyagi, however, extended "heartiest wishes" to Modi and wished for his long life.
The JD(U) had ended its 17-year-old alliance with the BJP in June on the question of Modi.
And days after the BJP named Modi as its prime ministerial candidate for the upcoming General Elections, the JD-U said it was a "mindless decision" that would backfire.
The JD-U also cleared that its split with the BJP would not have happened "had it chosen anybody else, either LK Advani or Sushma Swaraj or Arun Jaitley as its PM candidate".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL