Pre-poll survey: BJP to sweep Gujarat, Raj, Karnataka; Cong to get big jolt in Maha
New Delhi: A pre-poll survey on Thursday projected Narendra Modi-led BJP sweeping Gujarat, Rajasthan and Karnataka and the party-led NDA giving a big jolt to ruling Congress-NCP alliance in Maharashtra in the Lok Sabha elections.
According to a survey, which released the electoral projections of 319 seats in 12 states today, says AIADMK is projected to win 27 out of 39 Lok Sabha seats. It has predicted only 10 seats for DMK.
Out of 319 seats, the survey gives NDA 166, UPA 52, others 85.
The survey predicted BJP-Shiv Sena alliance is likely to win 33 seats out of 48 seats while Congress` tally is projected to come down to 12-- a loss of 13 Lok Sabha seats from the 2009 position.
It also says Raj Thackarey`s MNS is likely to win one seat in the Lok Sabha polls.
The poll projects 23 seats to BJP in Gujarat`s 26 Lok Sabha constituencies and 21 seats in Karnataka (out of total 28 seats) by staging a comeback from the poor show in last year`s assembly polls there.
In Madhya Pradesh, BJP is projected to sweep 24 out of 29 seats and the survey gives only four seats to Congress in the BJP-ruled state.
According to the survey, BJP-LJP alliance in Bihar is likely to win 23 seats of 40 Lok Sabha seats. While the survey gives 11 seats to Congress-RJD alliance, ruling JD(U) is projected to win just 5 Lok Sabha seats.
Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress is projected to win 32 of 42 Lok Sabha seats in West Bengal. The Left parties are projected to get only 9 seats--6 less than the last time and Congress one.
The survey also predicted emergence of Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi after its stunning show in assembly polls. According to it, the Arvind Kejriwal led party is likely to win four of the seven seats in Delhi, BJP 2 and Congress one.
The survey says 42 per cent of Indians backed Narendra Modi as the leading choice for the next Prime Minister.
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi emerged as the second choice with support of 27 per cent of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Shah Rukh Khan terms himself struggling writer, pens poem inspired from Zayn Malik
- 'Quantico' diva Priyanka Chopra misses mommy during shoots!- See pic
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet; Defence Minister undertakes aerial survey
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Catch Jacqueline Fernandez-John Abraham-Varun Dhawan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Indian aid worker kidnapped in Afghanistan released