‘Premature to link any country to diplomat attack’
New Delhi: As investigators try hard to find
clues, Union Home Secretary RK Singh on Tuesday said there was no
evidence till now to suggest involvement of any country in the
bomb attack on an Israeli diplomat here.
"We have no evidence to name any country. It`s premature
to take any country`s name," he told reporters when asked
whether there was Iranian hand in yesterday`s terror attack
which left four persons including an Israeli diplomat injured.
The Home Secretary said the investigators were yet to
zero in on people behind the crime and no material has
suggested involvement of any particular country.
"We don`t have any idea who planted it. There is no
material to show involvement of any country. The perpetrators
behind the attack will be known only after the investigation
is completed," he said.
Meanwhile, official sources said there was no prior
intelligence input about yesterday`s terror strike and the
device used to carry out the blast was very sophisticated and
it was used in India for the first time.
After examination of the blast site, forensic experts
have concluded that neither any battery nor any circuit was
used in the bomb but traces of aluminium were found from the
spot. The experts also said that RDX was also not used in the
Meanwhile, the Home Ministry has issued an advisory to
all states to beef up security in Jewish establishments and
for Israeli tourists visiting India.
The Centre also told the states hosting diplomatic
missions of Israel, the United States and other Western
countries, to beef up security there. The Home Ministry also
advised the states not to allow parking near any missions and
make alternative arrangements for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack