Prepare own plans for grants: UGC to universities
New Delhi: The UGC has asked universities
across the country to prepare their own plans for seeking
grants from the commission for development purpose, a step
aimed at granting more autonomy to the varsities.
So far, expert committees deputed by UGC used to visit
the universities to assess financial needs of each university
based on which funds were allocated.
"The past experience shows us that this procedure
invariably resulted in delayed communication of financial
allocations to the universities by UGC due to variety of
factors," said UGC chairman Ved Prakash in a letter to the
Citing this as one of the major reasons for discontinuing
with the practice, he said the existing procedure led to
delayed implementation of programmes and under-utilisation of
funds by the varsities.
There from now on "universities will have complete
autonomy to prepare its perspective plan and after getting it
duly approved by the statutory authorities, it may be
submitted to the UGC," Prakash said in his letter.
He also suggested the vice chancellors to prepare
proposals for their university under the 12th Five Year Plan
Period and submit it to UGC by March 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers