President condoles death of Sabarimala pilgrims
New Delhi: President Pratibha Patil Saturday
condoled the death of Sabarimala pilgrims in a stampede at
Pullumedu in Kerala`s Idukki district.
In a letter to the Kerala Chief Minister and Governor,
she expressed grief over the tragedy.
Patil wished a speedy recovery to all those injured in
the incident that took place yesterday.
Over 100 pilgrims returning from the shrine were
killed and 50 others injured in the stampede.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice