President condoles Verghese Kurien`s demise
Tirumala: President Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday condoled the death of Dr Verghese Kurien, the father of India`s `white revolution`.
Mukherjee hailed Kurien as one who ushered in white revolution and had made enormous contributions to the fields of agriculture, rural development and dairying.
Kurien, 90, who took India from being a milk-deficient country to the world`s largest milk producer, passed away early this morning in Gujarat due to age-related problems.
He is recognised as the man who started `operation flood`, the largest diary development programme in the world, besides making the Amul brand a household name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister