President congratulates Qatar`s Emir
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday congratulated Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani on the first anniversary of his accession as the Emir of Qatar.
"On behalf of the government and the people of India and on my own behalf, I extend warm greetings and congratulations to Your Highness and the people of the State of Qatar," Mukherjee said in a message.
Mukherjee said historical and friendly relations between India and Qatar are deeply rooted in cultural, religious and economic ties, characterised by extensive people-to-people contacts.
"I am confident that our multifaceted engagement in different fields would further deepen and strengthen our ongoing cooperation for the mutual benefit of both our peoples," Mukherjee said.
Sheikh Tamim became the 8th emir of Qatar on June 25, 2013 after his father, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al Thani, abdicated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa