President evades questions on 2G scam
On Board President`s Special Aircraft: President Pratibha Patil on Sunday steered clear of the issue of stalemate in Parliament over the opposition demand for JPC probe into the 2G spectrum scam.
"Only questions on the visit," Patil, who was travelling to Abu Dhabi in the first leg of her nine-day visit to the UAE and Syria, told reporters when asked about her
views on the logjam.
Parliament has been paralysed for two weeks with Opposition sticking to its demand for a probe by Joint Parliamentary Commitee into the 2G scam despite DMK leader A
Raja resigning as Telecom Minister.
The visit will take the President to Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah in the UAE and later to Damascus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India