President evades questions on 2G scam
On Board President`s Special Aircraft: President Pratibha Patil on Sunday steered clear of the issue of stalemate in Parliament over the opposition demand for JPC probe into the 2G spectrum scam.
"Only questions on the visit," Patil, who was travelling to Abu Dhabi in the first leg of her nine-day visit to the UAE and Syria, told reporters when asked about her
views on the logjam.
Parliament has been paralysed for two weeks with Opposition sticking to its demand for a probe by Joint Parliamentary Commitee into the 2G scam despite DMK leader A
Raja resigning as Telecom Minister.
The visit will take the President to Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah in the UAE and later to Damascus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL