President extends greetings to citizens ahead of Holi
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday extended his greetings and felicitations to fellow country ahead of Holi, which will celebrated across the country on March 17.
"On the happy occasion of Holi, I extend my greetings and good wishes to all my fellow citizens," Mukherjee said in a statement.
"As spring arrives, this festival of colours brings with it a joyous celebration of the rejuvenation of nature and ushers in renewed faith in peaceful co-existence. Holi not only brings joy and gaiety in our lives but also provides an opportunity to strengthen the bonds of friendship and brotherhood among people of all faiths," he further stated.
"May this festival reinforce the multi-coloured hues of our extraordinary heritage and bring peace and prosperity to our Motherland," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray