President greets Maldives on Republic Day
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Sunday greeted Maldives President Mohammed Waheed Hassan on the 48th Republic Day celebration of the nation of 1,192 small and big islands.
"On behalf of the government and the people of India, it is my pleasure to convey you and the people of the Republic of Maldives, our heartiest greetings and good wishes on the occasion of the Republic Day," said Mukherjee.
"I am confident that the warm and cordial relations between India and the Maldives will continue to grow in future and both of us will be mutually benefitted from this cooperation," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case