President greets nation ahead of Buddha Purnima
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday greeted the nation ahead of the auspicious occasion of Buddha Purnima.
In his message, Mukherjee said: "Lord Buddha`s teachings of non-violence, love and compassion are of eternal significance. He taught us the path of Right Action so that mankind may overcome its suffering."
"We must strive to make these teachings part of our daily life and tread the path of nobility in thought, word and deed. May this joyous festival of Buddha Purnima usher in peace and universal brotherhood across the world," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?