President greets nation ahead of Buddha Purnima
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday greeted the nation ahead of the auspicious occasion of Buddha Purnima.
In his message, Mukherjee said: "Lord Buddha`s teachings of non-violence, love and compassion are of eternal significance. He taught us the path of Right Action so that mankind may overcome its suffering."
"We must strive to make these teachings part of our daily life and tread the path of nobility in thought, word and deed. May this joyous festival of Buddha Purnima usher in peace and universal brotherhood across the world," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO