President greets nation ahead of Buddha Purnima
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday greeted the nation ahead of the auspicious occasion of Buddha Purnima.
In his message, Mukherjee said: "Lord Buddha`s teachings of non-violence, love and compassion are of eternal significance. He taught us the path of Right Action so that mankind may overcome its suffering."
"We must strive to make these teachings part of our daily life and tread the path of nobility in thought, word and deed. May this joyous festival of Buddha Purnima usher in peace and universal brotherhood across the world," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees