President greets nation ahead of Buddha Purnima
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday greeted the nation ahead of the auspicious occasion of Buddha Purnima.
In his message, Mukherjee said: "Lord Buddha`s teachings of non-violence, love and compassion are of eternal significance. He taught us the path of Right Action so that mankind may overcome its suffering."
"We must strive to make these teachings part of our daily life and tread the path of nobility in thought, word and deed. May this joyous festival of Buddha Purnima usher in peace and universal brotherhood across the world," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know