President greets nation ahead of Guru Nanak birth anniversary
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee has sent his greetings to the nation`s citizens ahead of the birth anniversary of Guru Nanak, the first guru of the Sikh community.
In a message, Mukherjee said: "On the auspicious occasion of Guru Nanak Devji`s birth anniversary, I convey my heartiest greetings to all my fellow countrymen. Guru Nanak Devji was a symbol of love, tolerance and compassion. He preached universal brotherhood and the importance of rendering service to humanity. The revered Guru showed us the path to a truly spiritual life based on ethical and moral values. His universal wisdom and humanism have been an abiding source of inspiration to people everywhere regardless of caste, colour or creed."
"Let us, on this day, resolve to rededicate ourselves to his noble teachings which are of eternal relevance. May this auspicious occasion be an opportunity for us to spread love and bring warmth as well as care to the needy and suffering," he said further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured