President greets nation ahead of Guru Nanak birth anniversary
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee has sent his greetings to the nation`s citizens ahead of the birth anniversary of Guru Nanak, the first guru of the Sikh community.
In a message, Mukherjee said: "On the auspicious occasion of Guru Nanak Devji`s birth anniversary, I convey my heartiest greetings to all my fellow countrymen. Guru Nanak Devji was a symbol of love, tolerance and compassion. He preached universal brotherhood and the importance of rendering service to humanity. The revered Guru showed us the path to a truly spiritual life based on ethical and moral values. His universal wisdom and humanism have been an abiding source of inspiration to people everywhere regardless of caste, colour or creed."
"Let us, on this day, resolve to rededicate ourselves to his noble teachings which are of eternal relevance. May this auspicious occasion be an opportunity for us to spread love and bring warmth as well as care to the needy and suffering," he said further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh