President greets nation ahead of Guru Nanak birth anniversary
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee has sent his greetings to the nation`s citizens ahead of the birth anniversary of Guru Nanak, the first guru of the Sikh community.
In a message, Mukherjee said: "On the auspicious occasion of Guru Nanak Devji`s birth anniversary, I convey my heartiest greetings to all my fellow countrymen. Guru Nanak Devji was a symbol of love, tolerance and compassion. He preached universal brotherhood and the importance of rendering service to humanity. The revered Guru showed us the path to a truly spiritual life based on ethical and moral values. His universal wisdom and humanism have been an abiding source of inspiration to people everywhere regardless of caste, colour or creed."
"Let us, on this day, resolve to rededicate ourselves to his noble teachings which are of eternal relevance. May this auspicious occasion be an opportunity for us to spread love and bring warmth as well as care to the needy and suffering," he said further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan