President greets nation on Guru Nanak Jayanti
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday greeted the nation on the occasion of Guru Nanak Jayanti, the birthday of Guru Nanak which will be celebrated on Wednesday.
"The life and teachings of Guru Nanak are of profound significance to mankind. His message of love, harmony and brotherhood, his universal vision and compassion provide inspiration for all humanity," the President said in a statement.
"May each one of us imbibe his ideals and endeavour to apply his noble teachings in our daily lives," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing